Friday, February 27, 2015

A growing testimony....

My time here at the MTC has been good. It is flying by. I can't believe that I leave this next Tuesday to AL. Things are about to get real! I've learned a lot while I've been here, thanks to our teachers and me studying the Gospel like I never have before! Some things that I've learned is that you have to teach by the Spirit, and you can't plan out every detail of a lesson. You need to let the Spirit guide you, and most importantly you need to meet the need of the investigator. They need to see how the Gospel can be personally applicable in their life. We've had two "investigators" at the MTC that my companions and I have been teaching. The first few lessons were really rough as we were trying to find the right balance. Finally, things have been picking up and our lessons are a lot better! 

I've realized that I don't have the perfect testimony or knowledge of the Gospel. But I shouldn't get down about that. I have the opportunity right now to change or learn. I've always had the Gospel in my life but I feel like my real conversion is my mission. I'm looking at my religion and the Gospel in a way that I never have before. It's amazing how much room a person has to grow. My testimony is definitely growing. I'm trying to have a closer relationship with God. 

I hope everyone at home is doing well. I miss you guys but it's good to be here, and my busy schedule has prevented me of thinking too much about home! Today is our P day and we're able to do laundry and pack up. Next time I write you will be in AL! 

Till next time,
Sister Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment