Monday, July 11, 2016

"Y'all are gangster....gangster for Jesus".....Meeting Elvis, Southern Rain and more!

Hey y'all,

Wow, so many highlights this week, I don't know where to start! On Wednesday we went to Tupelo for interviews with President Sainsbury and that went well! He is a great guy and I'm glad that we have him as our mission president. :)

That night, we met with our investigators, Marchelle & Kim. As we were there they described what a light they felt when we taught them, and how much it's helping them, and how thankful they are. Marchelle started crying. It was definitely a sweet experience. Then Kim turned to us and said, "Y'all are gangster....gangster for Jesus!" We couldn't contain ourselves. That is probably the highest compliment I have ever received on my mission! Haha The following day we met with them in the afternoon and their A/C doesn't work...it was 95 degrees in that house. Needless to say, I had to wipe my sweat mustache a few times.

Another funny experience was when we met a guy named Christopher while out tracting on Saturday. He is a hispanic guy and had met sister missionaries before. He was TOTALLY flirting up a storm with us, and so after testifying of God's love I got us out of there! Before we left, I asked if he would be interested in the "boy missionaries" (Elders) meeting with him to teach him more, and he said, "Why can't yall come back?" Oh Christopher...

Saturday evening was an adventure as we were driving on the 43 back to Muscle Shoals from correlation. We could see dark skies and expected rain to come any moment, and soon enough we hit it. Absolute downpour. My windshield wipers were on as much as possible, I slowed down to about 40MPH, and I still could barely see the road. Luckily I had experience driving in southern-style downpours, but this time it was at night and therefore pitch-dark out in the country, and it was the worst rain I've ever driven in! You just have to slow down, stay calm in those situations, and have a little prayer in your heart!

Sunday afternoon we were out tracting and we could see another storm coming on. As we were talking with a lady on her porch, it started downpouring (and y'all ain't seen a downpour til you come to the South). We went from talking normally to yelling to be able to hear each other over the loud rain. Haha Imagine how I felt loudly testifying of the Book of Mormon with rain pouring all around us!

Oh, also, my highlight at church this week was that Lucille spoke in Sacrament! They had given her a specific topic but she decided that she needed to share her testimony instead and it was music to my ears to listen to her up there at the podium. What blessing to know sweet Lucille!

Hope everyone is doing well this summer. May you find joy in the Gospel!

Steadfast in Christ,
Sister Griffith


Oh, Elvis!  This was in Tupelo!

The King loves sister missionaries!  Sisters Oscarson, Whitlock, Griffith & Bradford!

Gorgeous southern scenery!

Breathtaking views!

What to do when you want to bring a twin mattress for a sleepover?  Put it in your trunk!

Sister Oscarson with some beautiful Southern trees!

Love these pretty flowering trees!

A member bought us coconuts! We cracked them ourselves and stuck a straw in :) It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment