Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Roll Tide, Roll! Initial Transfer Day happened!



March 4, 2015

I made it safely! We were picked up by the mission president and taken to the mission home for a meal and some training. We spent a night in a hotel (best night of sleep I've gotten thus far, plus I got to go to bed at 8pm!!) This morning some Elders picked us up and we went to the Stake center. We met some of the Senior Missionaries and had some training, then we joined all the missionaries in our mission for the Transfer meeting! We filled an entire Sacrament room! Everyone got a new companion, and there were fourteen missionaries going home. My companion is Sister Bailey, and she's very nice :) 

Birmingham has so many trees, and lots of beautiful southern homes!! It is humid here, and it's been rainy the past couple days. 

It's going to take some time adjusting to actually being out in the field, as it's lots different than being at the MTC! I've been assigned to Tuscaloosa, and that's where the University of Alabama is, so it's a college town! 




My address is: 
(ask my mom directly if you want that info!)  :)

I love and miss you all :) 
Sister Griffith

Here are some pics from my initial transfer day:


 Gettin' some viddles on transfer day!
New companions!  Sister Griffith and Sister Bailey!
Sister April Cook took us out for ice cream!  The Southern hospitality is starting already!

No comments:

Post a Comment