Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Last Letter

The time has finally come. My precious time in beautiful Alabama has finally come to a close. My mission means everything to me because this where I transitioned from belief to conversion. This is where I came to truly learn the Gospel. This is where I learned how to be a disciple, and the tools I need to keep growing. I learned who my Savior is. I learned that Heavenly Father loves me. I made eternal friends---my companions, converts, and members. I've had struggles and many tearful prayers on my bedside. I've also had so many amazing moments and seen miracles. Being an instrument in God's hand is such a humbling, and rewarding, experience. I will forever be blessed by my mission. It has taught me that I can do hard things. That the Atonement is real. And that this truly is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so looking forward to continuing to grow in this amazing gospel and on my own path of discipleship.

Included below is a continuation of my testimony and things I've come to know in Alabama---100 things I've learned and realized on my mission! Hope you enjoy reading it. So thankful for everything Heavenly Father has shared with me.

1. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer
2. Faith means taking a step into the unknown
3. To develop a testimony you must search, ponder, and pray
4. Obedience is the first law of Heaven
5. ROLL TIDE!
6. I'm blessed to have such a good family
7. There are lots of different kinds of people in this world!
8. Be bold!
9. Following the rules is always the best policy
10. The Spirit can confirm truth to you. You will feel it.
11. The church operates the same worldwide!
12. I never have to find another home church
13. Some days are hard. Push through!
14. The Gospel changes people's lives for the better
15. The Gospel gives structure to our lives
16. God makes a way for the Gospel to be delivered to those who are prepared
17. People are kept from the truth only because they don't know where to find it
18. The Spirit is the ultimate teacher
19. There are lots of squirrels in Alabama!
20. We can overcome weakness and learn to do better
21. The Book of Mormon is the word of God
22. You can learn something from every person you meet
23. Service softens stony souls, including your own
24. There's no such thing as a junior companion
25. Everyone is deserving of your love and charity
26. New areas and chapters in your life will bring challenges but you will get through!
27. Patience
28. Respect your leaders
29. I can do hard things!
30. I want to be an STP!
31. God will protect you
32. The South is absolutely beautiful!
33. Bearing your testimony will make it grow
34. The South knows how to storm!
35. Bashing won't get you anywhere. Bear your testimony and get out of there!
36. Some missionaries plant the seed and others will harvest it
37. God answers prayers, but in His own way and timing
38. No one should be paid for their service to the Lord (appreciating lay ministry)
39. There are good people and truth to be found in every church
40. Four walls (a church) does NOT define your faith
41. Things will always get better
42. The biggest quality of leadership is love
43. I can find answers in the scriptures
44. It's important to be punctual
45. Our example has a far more reaching effect than we think
46. Take notes. Listen. Think.
47. Big city traffic!
48. A smile or gesture can go a long way
49. Never shake a hand sitting down
50. Love your companion and see the good in them
51. Find joy in the small things
52. Show people that you are really listening
53. You must make goals and have a personal vision for yourself!
54. Keep commitments
55. Music in church should invite the spirit (reverent atmosphere)
56. The New Testament
57. The spirit will give you what you need to teach
58. Forgiveness
59. People will likely never change unless invited to do so
60. Parents must live the Gospel and set the example if they expect their children to do so
61. Happiness in family life is found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
62. Forsake my nets
63. There's a difference between belief and conversion
64. A testimony is never stagnant--either moving up or down.
65. Get to know your neighbors! They are friends waiting to be met!
66. Through the Atonement we can be healed spiritually, physically, and in any other way
67. Diligence
68. Missionary work brings joy
69. I have made eternal friends through my missionary service
70. Communication is key
71. "I will suffer all things for the elect's sake"
72. We believe in miracles
73. This is not just another church
74. Commandments are like guard rails...they keep us safe.
75. Membership in the church teaches you so much more than spiritual things---leadership skills, service opportunities, responsibility, etc.
76. Find joy in the journey
77. Our trials refine us and are given to us for a purpose
78. You are never bound to a certain flaw in your nature or character. You can change through Jesus Christ.
79. God is so mindful of us and our needs
80. Kudzu. Enough said.
81. My testimony will be tried. And that helps it grow!
82. Seek for the spirit.
83. Trust in the truths you have been taught
84. There is something good in every day
85. Our vision as Christians is to live consistent, Christ-like lives as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ!
86. Act enthusiastic and you'll be enthusiastic!
87. Tenacity
88. 6:30am. Wake up on time. It makes all the difference.
89. Cleanliness is next to godliness
90. Make an effort to get to know people. This will make you happier.
91. Hold to the rod!
92. Modern day temple work is a gift and something given to us in our day and age
93. Missionary work makes a difference
94. Member-missionary work is the only way we'll succeed in this work
95. Families are forever
96. Joseph Smith was an imperfect man who was an instrument in the hands of God
97. The Restored Gospel brings a gift of correct understanding
98. Okra, hush-puppies, banana pudding, fried catfish, slaw, cornbread, fried green tomatoes, and BBQ.
99. This is the hardest thing I have ever loved to do.
100. My mission has prepared me for the rest of my life in building a testimony and foundation upon which I will continue building as I strive to become a disciple of Jesus Christ!


Love Always,

Sister Griffith

Nick Saban is as passionate about Coke as I am about the Book of Mormon.

Birthday breakfast at Waffle House!

Happy Birthday flowers from my family!

President & Sister Sainsbury and I after zone training!

My aunt and cousins came to see me!

Out tracting in Munford, AL

Saying goodbye to members in the Talladega branch

Saying goodbye to more good members in Talladega!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment