Thursday, August 15, 2013

Iced Tea and Diet Cokes -- A message to my customers



Iced tea and diet coke. These are the drinks that some wonderfully amazing people drink when they come into Bella Marie's.

I don't like to brag to much, but it is true that when they walk in, I am 99.9% right upon guessing what they are going to order. This is the result of me working since November 2011, and them coming in on a regular basis.

When I first started waitressing, I have to admit that I was pretty shy. But being forced to talk and interact with strangers day in and day out changed my ways. Not only did it help me come out of my shell, but it also helped my "people skills." I now enjoy talking with customers.

But there have been some customers who just stick out (you know who you are!), and I will try to talk to for as long as I can. I think I have about 4-5 couples who are adopted grandparents...and it's awesome! Not only does it make my day better at work, but they also have been very, VERY supportive of my trip!

This blog post is dedicated to my customers who have gone above & beyond.


Customer of the Year Award

I want to personally thank you for your generous help which entails: supportive conversation, weekly donations of all amounts, and even knitting me socks and a hat.

You guys are awesome and I couldn't have done this without you! In my fundraising endeavors, you made a huge impact. I can't believe I was able to make it to $3,200. I also can't believe that you guys, in all that time, were still interested in (and not sick of talking about) my upcoming trip. I am very glad that I was able to discuss it and express my feelings about it with you.

I don't know what else to say other than "spasiba!" (thanks), and see you this December!

No comments:

Post a Comment