Monday, June 1, 2015

I have a new companion, and other neat stuff! :)

Hi everyone!

I've got a new companion! Her name is Sister Hall, and she's from the Mormon Factory (Utah) where most of us are from. :) Sister Hall is super awesome. This month she'll hit her 11 month mark, so she's been out in the field for quite a while! She says that she's enjoying Tuscaloosa, and that she's also been pleasantly surprised at all the appointments we've had (instead of tracting all day long.) Things are going good! Sister Bailey is in Tupelo, Mississippi now!

We had a miracle yesterday! It was around 8pm and we were walking home after meeting with an investigator. The sky was super dark with clouds and the wind start to pick up a little bit, so we knew a storm was rollin' in (#ROLLTIDEROLL) Sister Hall and I picked up our pace, and it started sprinkling but it wasn't too bad. We finally made it to our apartment complex, and literally as we got to our stairwell it started pouring! A few minutes later it was raining even harder. I believe God totally preserved the rain until we got home!

The past weekend was Stake conference! On Saturday night there was an adult session in Bessemer that we went to, and then it was broadcasted  on Sunday to our church building in Northport. Stake conference was so good! Our mission president and his wife spoke, as well as other leaders in our stake. I absolutely loved President Hanks talk on Saturday. He talked about how our church is not a "we're right, you're wrong" type of deal (I thank Baptists and other people of different denominations daily for their faith.) But we do believe it's a "more excellent way" (for example, having the priesthood within your church is a huge deal.) He talked about how Christ is a living God, not a "great He was" but a "Great I am." The Gospel is a living. It is not a piece of history that we merely read about. The Gospel is something that continues on throughout time, which is why I love the many aspects within our church. President Hanks also talked about how we should come to church to participate, not to just be entertained. So many good points! I could keep writing more about Stake conference, but I don't have that kind of time!

It's really hit me this past week how much the Gospel means to me and how well it feeds me spiritually. Feeding yourself spiritually is the most important thing you can do! Treasure these things that God has given us. And remember not to judge those who believe differently than you do. It's not a "we're right, you're wrong." Like I mentioned above, I commemorate people of different faiths. People initially think that we are going to bash their religion, and tell them that they are wrong. In reality, as missionaries, our main purpose is to bring others closer to Christ. And if these people are going to church, that is so great! If they are Baptist, Presbyterian, Jehovah's Witness, Pentecostal, Methodist, Catholic, or any other religion, I have no room to judge or criticize them. We're all on the same team! As missionaries we are hear to add to add to the truths people have, and deepen their testimony.

Seek to be like Christ! 

Love you all,
Sister Griffith 




Bowling last P day 


Kayla, Bailey, Rachel, and I at the park after bowling. 

Brother Foote took us to Yogurt Mountain! Yum!


Bro Foote and us :)

Sister Bailey and I on the day of transfers

My new companion, Sister Hall!

What they sell at Home Depot here 


No comments:

Post a Comment