Monday, August 22, 2016

A Call From St. George About a Lady in Alabama!

Hey y'all,

Wow, two weeks to go. I can barely believe it! I'm trying really hard to stay focused but thoughts of home are creeping in more and more in my mind! It is such a bittersweet thing...so looking forward to seeing my family again and yet having to leave all of my family in Alabama breaks my heart! The thought that I won't always have a name tag on and that I won't always be a full time missionary is sad. Yet I know that life at home will take me into a new chapter in my life and that it will be good! :) My mission is a foundation for the rest of my life.

A cool experience we had a couple weeks ago was when we got a text from a "435" area code.....we were so confused. It was a lady who introduced herself as Mary, a member who is from Anniston, AL and that she got baptized there and then eventually moved to Utah (to St. George!) and is now serving a mission in the family history center there. Her daughter, Amanda, lives in Lincoln, AL and has been inactive but really wants to come back! Amanda's records are lost and so she wants us to try and relocate them and also go visit Amanda. We finally were able to visit Amanda yesterday and it was a good visit! She is such a sweet lady and is literally thirsting for the Gospel. Such a blessing to be a missionary and be able to help her with that. I told Mary that I'm going to visit her when I go home!! So neat to have an Alabama native, a convert, that lives in St. George!

Our branch in Talladega recently had a building renovation and this past Sunday they had a dedication and potluck for it! The stake presidency came and it was nice event. We are blessed with an awesome branch, but I can't wait to see it grow into a ward one day!

Hoping and praying all is well for those at home! The church is true! So grateful for all that it's given in my life.

Love always,
Sister Griffith

 

Sister Brown and I on an exchange...we're both in shock that our missions are almost over!

Amanda and I. She is a returning member of the church, and her mom lives in St. George, UT!






No comments:

Post a Comment