Monday, November 30, 2015

Well Fed, Volunteering, Defending My Companion & A Family Visit

Hello!

Wow, it's almost December. Where has the time gone? This past week we celebrated Thanksgiving! We were blessed to have 3 full Thanksgiving meals in the span of 2 days. Yikes. We'll have to increase our morning exercises. Our main Thanksgiving dinner was at the Nolan's (President & Sister Nolan are in the ABM mission presidency.) They had all their family over and it was a great meal. Got me a little homesick seeing the little girls in the family playing around with her dad, as that's a regular occurrence at home for myself.

During Thanksgiving day, we helped out at Southside Baptist Church, who had partnered with an organization called "Manna House", to give out Thanksgiving meals. We got there a little late and missed giving out meals but helped as much as we could with clean up. Then we headed over to the Huntsville Hospital and visited people in the Cardiology section to visit with them and wish them Happy Thanksgiving. :) One of the ladies we talked to was super nice and was telling us about her life. We asked her how her faith has helped her. She told us that it has helped through losing her husband and brother, and through her health struggles. She was crying as she told us this and it was very humbling for myself. I think I have problems and struggles in my little missionary bubble, until I talk to people like that and it gives me a new perspective. We all have trials and things we are going through, but hopefully we were able to uplift those people in the Cardiology section that Thanksgiving day.

This past Friday we had a little ordeal as we were out contacting at a Christmas festival Downtown. We were walking down the side walk and a guy walks past us and does a double-take. He stops and seems like he wants to talk with us, and we think, "Hmm, maybe he's ELECT!" So we walk up and start talking to him. One of the first things that comes out of his mouth, as he turns to Sister Castagno, is, "I've been praying for a red-head."  Ohhh boy. Sister Castagno was a little stunned, so I had to quickly step in and rescue my companion by explaining our situation as missionaries, and how a 30-something-year-old man CANNOT date a 20-year-old Sister Missionary!!

On Saturday my aunt, uncle, and cousins came to visit from TN! They took us out to lunch and it was so great to see them! :) Having my extended family visit is awesome, but if I saw my immediate family that'd be really hard for me (not that it's even allowed anyway!) Although we are really looking forward to skyping in less than a month!

I don't have much else to report except that Sister Castagno and I have been working hard to find new people to teach! We only have one progressing investigator at the moment. Sometimes it can be discouraging to not see much fruit come from your labors, but we know it will come. Prayers appreciated!

Love y'all!
Sister Griffith



Sister Castagno and I on Thanksgiving

Sister Nolan and us

The Simper's came to visit!

All decorated for Christmas! 

Bonus pics from our Thanksgiving Activity last week, we had so much fun!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment