Friday, December 20, 2013

I'm home!

I made it!

The plane ride was long, but I didn't have any delays or hiccups in the process of getting home, which was great!

I cried a little while my plane was taking off at the "Pulkovo" airport (in St Petersburg.) I was sad to be leaving. I also cried (a lot, this time) when I arrived at baggage claim in Las Vegas and found my parents. Getting home to my siblings also brought on another "ball fest." What can I say, the whole thing was pretty darn emotional. ;)

I am so glad to be back. I loved coming home and having the house all decorated for Christmas. My family also got a real Christmas tree this year, which was a treat. Along with that, my wonderful mother bought me new bedding (which I needed!) and made sure my room was put together.

It's weird...my time in St Pete's feels like another life. And I miss it!

Here are some pictures I took on the way home.

About to take off at 5:55 am
The building says "Russia"

I'm on American soil!

You can see the Statue of Liberty!

Looking out at New York

Flying somewhere over the U.S.
 
Hugging my mommy in the Las Vegas airport
 
 

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this trip. So glad I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment